Diagnostic and rehabilitation of the sewerage systems in Tizi Ouzou and Bejaia (Algeria)
Client : ONA (National Sewerage Board)
Realisation : 2014 - 2017
Missions SCE :
• Data collection and sewerage network update
▪ Diagnostic of the sewerage network
▪ Master plan for the rehabilitation and extension of the sewerage system
▪ Detailed design and tender dossier for priority works
▪ Sewerage services management
Algeria is facing severe sanitation issues which can have serious repercussion on population health and on the environment. The National Sewerage Board (ONA) has planned to launch a diagnostic and rehabilitation project for the towns of Tizi Ouzou and Béjaïa. This project is part of a large programme of diagnostic and rehabilitation of sewerage systems in several cities throughout Algeria decided by the Water Resources ministry.
The city of Tizi Ouzou is located at the bottom of the river basins of Belloua and Azib Ahmed. Its spreads over an area of 102.36 km² and counts 115 770 inhabitants (2015).
The city of Béjaïa, located North of Béjaïa province (wilaya), on the Mediterranean coast, has a population of 185 882 inhabitants (2015).